The Annual General Body Meeting of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of the College was held in the College Auditorium at 10.00 am on 5 August 2018.
Business as usual
The Meeting began with a silent prayer. Er Ramkumar Menon (President, PTA) presided over the function. Ms Vandana M (AP, ECE Dept and Member, Executive Committee, PTA) extended a formal welcome to all participating parents and teachers. After the talk by Er Ramkumar Menon, President, Dr Saji C B, Principal, and Dr Sudha Balagopalan, Dean-Academics, addressed the gathering. Mr P Valayudhan (Workshop Superintendent and Secretary, PTA) presented the Annual Report. Mr Krishnakumar M (AP, EEE Dept and Treasurer, PTA) presented the audited accounts and the budget for the year 2018 – 19. Parents actively participated in the discussions and the Principal responded positively and convincingly to all the creative suggestions made by the parents. Er G Mohanachandran, Executive Director, VICT, also addressed the gathering.
Mr Suresh S Karun, Joint Secretary, PTA, gave vote of thanks. The meeting came to an end at 2 PM. PTA Executive Committee had arranged lunch for all.
- The meeting honoured Dr Sudha Balagopalan, former Principal and currently Dean-Academics by presenting a special memento to her, for her effective and inspiring stewardship of the College for about six years as Principal and for her several outstanding contributions for the furtherance of the idea and ideals of Vidya.
- Mementos were presented to two teams of students who had brought glory to Vidya:
- B- Hue team consisting of Aftab Ashraf A V, Aishwarya Pradip, Aiswarya Rajeev, Anjali P and Akash Sathian for winning Rs 20 lakhs for a project on Low Cost Non-Invasive Hemoglobin Tester in the finals of India Innovation Design Challenge Contest 2017 held at IIM-Bangalore on 10 August 2018.
- “Rainbow Six” team consisting of the students Nikhil P S, Vishnuprasad A S, Nithin Francis, Mahalakshmy T S, Nair Rohit Ravunnikutty and Jincy P for winning the second prize with a cash component of Rs.75,000 in the national Smart India Hackathon (Hardware Edition) 2018 Contest organised by Govt of India.
- In the meeting, the second and third toppers of each class were honoured by presenting them with cash prizes and certificates. (The first class toppers had already been honoured in the Scholarship and Endowment Prize Distribution function held on 17 June 2018.)
Election of new Executive Committee Members
The following parents were elected unanimously as representatives of parents in the PTA Executive Committee for the academic year 2018-19.
- Mr Sudheer G Kollara
- Mr Suresh K Karun
- Ms Leela Unnikrishnan
- Adv Methil Venugopal
- Ms Ambika K R
- Mr Sugesh K S
- Mr Binu K
The representatives of the teachers are to be nominated by the Principal who is also the Patron of the PTA.