A team of five teachers – Mr O C Muraleedharan (Headmaster), Mr Akhilesh M (SAP Coordinator) and three science teachers – of HSS Panagad visited Vidya on 17 January 2019. They were received by Ms Akhila R (SAP Convenor and AP, EEE Dept), Mr Hareesh K (AP, ME Dept) and a few SAP volunteers. They were taken to the Bosch Lab functioning in the Decennial Block of the College where they were joined by Mr C S Gopalakrishnan (Technical Assistant, VICT).
The details of the previous two visits and meetings conducted in HSS Panangad were reviewed. The Headmaster expressed happiness that the first installment of the fund of Rs 4 lakhs had been received.
The following points were discussed in the meeting.
- Point of contact for VAST for the consultancy work : Mr. Akhilesh from HSS Panangad.
- The complete EPC (erection, procurement and commissioning) of the Science Lab will be taken up by VAST.
- Regarding Civil, Electrical & Plumbing: Electrical and plumbing works are not included in budget. The allocation and fund required will be provided by VAST and these works have to be carried out with the help of school management fund, PTA fund etc with the help of local vendors.
- The budget allocated as 10% for beautification will be revamped as Civil works and beautification.
- The purchase of complete equipment, including consumables, will be done by VAST for which the faculty from HSS Panangad have to submit the equipment list with complete specifications on 18 January 2019 itself.
- Mr C S Gopalakrishnan (Technical Assistant, VICT) and Mr Pradeesh P R (Site Supervisor, Electrical, VICT) would be visiting HSS Panangad on 18 January 2019 for getting the location sketch and other measurements of the lab.
- SAP would be submitting a detailed project report, with corrected budget within one week.
- Once the project report is approved by the Headmaster, tenders can be invited for the purchase of equipment.
- The final commissioning date of the Science lab is tentatively fixed as 28 February 2019.
After the meeting, the team held brief interactions with Principal Dr C B Saji and Dean-Academics Dr Sudha Balagopalan. The team also visited the Environmental Lab in the Civil Dept, the Physics Lab and the Chemistry Lab. They returned at 2.00 pm after having lunch with SAP volunteers.