Kochi Hub of the IEEE Kerala Section organised a programme christened “Cluster War” as part of the Kochi Hub Meet 2021 during September 2021. As part of the “War”, the IEEE Student Branches of the 37 colleges forming the Kochi Hub were divided into 10 clusters and the clusters fought against each other fiercely to secure top honours in several highly competitive technical events. The events were hosted by the various clusters. The IEEE Student Branch of Vidya was a part of Cluster 5 the other members of the Cluster were College of Engineering, Cherthala, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam and Mangalam College of Engineering, Ettumanur, Kottayam.
As part of the competitions, IEEE Student Branch of Vidya hosted an event titled “CASTRIX” as a platform to pitch project ideas related to Covid-19. The event was organised during 31 August-11 September 2021.
The competition had a total of two rounds:
- In the first round, the participants created a three-minute video of their project idea based on the theme and uploaded it to YouTube. The presentations was judged by Ms Arathy (AP, EEE Dept). A total of 6 participants were selected for the next round.
- In the second round, participants were required to submit detailed explanations of the project ideas. There was also an interactive session and also a Q&A session.
Winners of CASTRIX
- First prize: Abhiram L Hareendran, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam (Cluster 5)
- Second Prize: Jeeva Haridasan Menon, Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur (Cluster 5)
- Third Prize: Treesa Joseph, St Joseph College of Engineering and Technology, Palai (Cluster 8)