IEDC (VAST) organized an orientation programme called IEDC MEETUP for the newly admitted students of the College on 20 September 2018. The programme was held to introduce to the students various technologies that aid entrepreneurship skills. As many as 300 students belonging to various Departments participated in the programme. The programme was started at 9:30 am with a brief introduction to the orientation programme by Ms Swapana E V M, IEDC Nodal Officer.
- Mr Akash M K gave an introduction to IEDC and various IEDC clubs in the college and also gave a class on entrepreneurship and innovation.
- A team led by Mr Goutham conducted a class on communication. As a part of this, a debate on “Does the social media isolate people?” was conducted.
- To make the students aware about the relevance of Virtual Reality and 3D printing, an event was conducted for the same. In this event, an introduction to those technologies was given by Mr Joseph and the participants were given an opportunity to use them.
- There was also a session on marketing. The students were made to involve in various games and tasks which brought out the creativity of participants. This event was coordinated by Mr Vishnu P P.
- A team consisting of Mr Shanto Anto, Mr Amal and Mr Amos gave a talk on photography.
Resource persons included Adel Kabeer, Sylvester, Elvis, Gouri, Vishwananth, Melvin E K, Amos P and Anoop. As many as 40 students volunteered for the smooth running of the programme. Ms Swapana E V M was the overall coordinator of the event.