It has been ten years since Er K R Brahmadathan, Founder Executive Director, VICT, left us all to his heavenly abode. All those who were fortunate to associate with him remember him as a great humanist, a dependable friend, philosopher and guide, as one of the key persons instrumental in the establishment of Vidya with its current structure and also as an ardent and passionate proponent of the Yoga practices.
Due to the COVID-19 induced lockdown, the event could only be conducted in an online mode and the various components of the programme effectively conveyed the message of rededicating ourselves to the causes late Er K R Brahmadathan stood for.
The remembrance programme was christened as Brahmasmrithi 2020 and was held in the online mode via the Google Meet platform. The programme was presided over by Dr Santhosh Prasannan, Chairman VICT. Dr Saji C B, principal extended a warm welcome to the dignitaries and participants.
Overview of programmes
The organisers had visualised the programme as happening at two conceptual levels. At the basic level, it was thought of as an observance of the remembrance day with tributes being paid to late Er K R Brahmadathan in the form of reminiscences by his associates, admirers and other distinguished persons. At a higher level, it was thought of as a journey through the Brahmasmrithi observances of the previous years. This level was concretised by video/slide-show presentations of the observances and other related activities of the previous years.
Some specially invited guests
|Mr K I Vineesh, Yoga Instructor||Ms Jayalatha K Ingatius, Head Mistress, St Geoge’s High School, Puttekkara||Er M N Chandran, Vice President, KSEB Retired Engineers’ Forum||Mr Suresh K Karun, President, PTA|
Highlights of Brahmasmrithi 2020
- An introductory talk by Ms Salkala K S (AP, MCA Dept) representing the Organising Committee.
- A video presentation on the life of late Er K R Brahmadathan prepared by the Organising Committee with inputs from Mr M K Krishnaprasad.
- An enlightening and thought-provoking talk by Mr Alankode Leelakrishnan, the Chief Guest of the programme.
- A Video presentation showing snippets of the Brahmasmrithi observances of the previous years created by Harikrishnan V of S5 MCA.
- A talk on Yoga by Mr Vineesh K I an alumnus of the MCA Dept and a full-time yoga instructor.
- A video presentation of a Yoga demonstration by Mr Vineesh K I.
- An overview, supported with a slide presentation, of the activities of the Brahmavidya programme during the last ten years . (The overview was presented by Ms Ann Maria of S5 MCA and the slides were prepared by Ms Siji K B, (AP, MCA Dept).)
- A talk by Ms Jayalatha K Ignatius, Head-Mistress, St George’s High School, Puttekkara, on her association with the Brahmavidya programme.
- Reminiscences on late Er K R Brahmadathan by Er P K Asokan (Chief Patron, VICT), Er G Mohanachandran (Executive Director, VICT), Er R Devarajan (Project Director, VICT), Er M N Chandran (Vice President, KSEB Retired Engineers’ Forum), Dr Sudha Balagopalan (Dean-Academics) and Mr Suresk K Karun (President, PTA).
The programme started at 10.30 and concluded at 12.30.