The CSE Dept of Vidya organised an AICTE sponsored six-day Short Term Training Progrmme on “Emerging Trends in Cryptography and its Application in Cyber Security” in the online mode during 14 – 19 December 2020.
The STTP was inaugurated by Ms Jyothi Ramaswamym, Cyber Security, TCS Trivandrum and Ms Sumi Kuriakose, Academic Relationship Manager, TCS, Kerala.
The Welcome address was delivered by Dr Ramani Bai V (Prof and Head, CSE Dept, and Coordinator of the STTP). Dr Saji C B, Principal addressed the participants and the guests of the inaugural ceremony. Er G Mohanachandran, Executive Director, Sri Suresh Lal, Administration and Finance Director, Dr Sudha Balagopalan, Dean-Academics and Prof-EEE Dept, Dr V N Krishnachandran, Vice Principal and Head-MCA Dept, and Mr Paul Chakola, Head of Training & Placement felicitated the programme. The inaugural session came to an end with a vote of thanks by Ms Geethu P C , Coordinator-STTP and AP, CSE Dept.
As many as 40 persons attended the STTP.
- On Day 1, Ms Jyothi Ramaswamy discussed about cyber security operations procedures and guidelines, core security, web application security risks and TCS cyber security services. Dr M Sethumadhavan, Head – Cybersecurity, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, TIFAC CORE in Cyber Security, Coimbatore, discussed about the paths for better security. The main points discussed were basics of cryptography and privacy issues.
- On day 2, Dr Praveen K, Asst. Professor, TIFAC CORE in Cyber Security, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore talked on visual cryptography, deterministic schemes and probabilistic schemes. The second talk of Day2 was by Dr Amritha P P, Asst Professor, TIFAC CORE in Cyber Security, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. The area covered by her was multimedia security, watermarking, PVD algorithm, steganography, LSB embedding algorithm, and audio steganography
- On Day 3, Dr. Chungath Srinivasan, Asst. Professor, TIFAC CORE in Cyber Security, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore talked about Message authentication codes, hash functions algorithms. Dr. Panchami V, Assistant Professor, IIIT, Kottayam delivered lectures on Block chain and Bitcoins.
- On Day 4, Mr Kalathil Karthik, CTO Wattlecorp Cybersecurity Labs talked about Network Penetration Testing and Hacking a Simulated Server.
- O Day 5, Mr. Zuhair E, CEO Wattlecorp Cybersecurity Labs, shared knowledge on Web Application Penetration Testing, and DVWA Practice.
- The STTP was concluded with a talk by Dr. Dhanya Menon, Cyber Crime Investigator, Director – Avanzo Cyber Security Solutions.
The valedictory address was given by Dr Ramani Bai V along with other Coordinators of STTP and faculty members. The feedback from participants was amazing and gave s great approval for the Head of the Department and Coordinators of STTP.
The organisers got great appreciation for the content of the STTP and the resource persons’ profound knowledge. Participants were highly satisfied and extremely happy. E-Certificates were mailed to each participants personally.