The Vidya-AICTE Student Induction Programme (SIP) was inaugurated in a grand online function held on 22 November 2021 attended by all the top functionaries of the Vidya International Charitable Trust and of Vidya Academy of Science and Technology.
The inaugural ceremony
After a formal welcome address by Dr V N Krishnachandran, Vice Principal, Dr Santhosh Prasannan, Chairman-VICT, inaugurated the Induction Programme with an inaugural address. This was followed by an electronic lamp lighting ceremony to mark the inauguration of the programme. Dr Saji C B (Principal), Mr Sureshlal (Executive Director, VICT) Mr P N Unnirajan (Director-Administration, VICT) and Dr Anil B (Academic Director, VICT) addressed the newly admitted students and their parents. Dr Sudha Balagopalan (Dean-Academics), Ms Nisha Valsan Nair (President, PTA) and Mr Paul Chackola (Head, T&P Dept) offered felicitations. Mr Alex Chacko, representing the organising Committee, offered vote of thanks.
The entire SIP is coordinated by team SAMEEKSHA and facilitated by the first year Group Tutors along with other expert resource persons.
About the Vidya-AICTE Student Induction Programme
“The purpose of the Student Induction Program is to help new students adjust and feel comfortable in the new environment, inculcate in them the ethos and culture of the institution, set a healthy daily routine, help them build bonds with other students and faculty members, develop awareness, sensitivity and understanding of the self, people around them, society at large, and nature and expose them to a sense of larger purpose and self-exploration. These would range from issues of national and international significance, ethics, sports and physical exercises, community service, sketching, artwork, and many more.”
The programme is designed with the following objectives:
- Enable Interaction: Designing, ice-breaking sessions, organizing formal and informal sessions with faculty/staff/senior students and alumni.
- Engagement: Workshops on paper engineering, design thinking and gamification.
- Enhancing Awareness: India Quiz, Interactive sessions on Institute values, human values and ethics, campus philosophy.
- Emotional Connect: Video presentation, expressing their stories, etc.
- Mentoring and Universal Human Values: It gets the student to explore oneself and experience the joy of learning, prepares one to stand up to peer pressure and take decisions with courage, be aware of relationships and be sensitive to others, and experience the feeling of prosperity. Need for character building has been underlined by many thinkers and universal human values provide the base.
A few screenshots of the online programme conducted via Zoom platform