It is a long journey Vidya has been undertaking every year for several years now: Providing soft-skill training to all students passing out of Vidya in a particular year. This academic year, the training was imparted to all students passing out in the year 2020. The journey began on 17 September 2018 and ended on 14 November 2018. Each batch of students undergoes the training for a period of three days and there are eleven batches of students to be trained!
It has been the constant endeavour of Vidya to impart the best of grooming, the best of training in team working, resume writing, interview facing skills, presentation skills, and leadership skills to Vidya’s students. This is in pursuant of the mission of Vidya : “To seek, strive for and scale greater heights of quality education”. A team of two adjunct faculty members of Vidya, who are experts in this domain, Mr. Krishnakumar and Ms. Mridula are currently tasked with providing the training under the banner of “MPOWER Soft Skill Training”.
The canvas of activities
The topics talked about, discussed and practiced during the three-days of training cover the following areas:
- Pep-up communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Tips to improve spoken English
- Appropriate body language
- Attitude Tuning
- Positive mental attitude/ introspection techniques
- Boosting ones confidence
- Boost confidence/ creative visualization
- To be more self assured and assertive.
- Resume Building
- Career Objective/ Personality traits
- Resume/ covering letter etc.
- Group discussion techniques
- Techniques/ postures/ tone of speech etc.
- Facing interview
- Self belief/ positive affirmations
- Self assurance/ assertive
- Body Language
- Posture/ gestures/ non-verbal communication
- First impression/ grooming/ etiquette