ISTE organises one-day FDP on ICT tools in education with Moodle
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), VAST Chapter, organised a One-Day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “ICT Tools in Education with Moodle” on 31 July 2018 at VLSI Lab. Dr Sudha Balagopalan, Dean Academics, explained the programme and introduced the recourse person Mr Sreekanth D, Knowledge Officer, ICT Academy Kerala. There were a total of 38 participants in the programme.
The objective of the FDP was to learn about e-learning and to understand the learning management system known by the name Moodle.
In the various sessions, the following aspects of Moodle were discussed with hands on training:
- Courses – how to set up courses
- Editing text – how to use the text editor and what the icons mean
- Activities – how to involve students actively in their learning
- Resourses – how to add static materials to the course
- Blocks – how to add extra items and information to the sides of the course page
- Course enrollment – how to give students access to a course
- Grouping – how to put students into groups and why this is useful
- Tracking progress – how to control and display progress through a course
- Video content preparation.
- Script writing
- Video recording
- Video editing
- Content uploading etc.
The FDP helped the faculty members to understand the integrated learning environment that empowers teaching and learning. The proamme was concluded by 4.15 pm with a brief valedictory function. Mr Santumon S D (AP, ECE Dept) delivered the vote of thanks.