Sameeskha conducts Robotics and Life Skills Workshop at Excel Public School, Kunnamkulam
Sameeksha, the trainers club of Vidya, organized a Robotics and Life Skills Workshop at Excel Public School, Kunnamkulam during 16 – 18 May 2019. Around 30 students from grades 6 to 10 participated in the workshop.
- The inaugural function was held on 16 May at 9.00 am which was attended among others by Mr Victor (Director, Excel School), Ms Anila Philip (Principal, Excel School) Mr Hareesh K (AP, ME Dept, and Covener, Sameeksha) and Mr C R Ramesh (AP, ECE Dept). The sessions on robotics were handled by Mr Ramesh C R.
- In the forenoon session of the first day the participants were made aware of the basics of electronics, sensors, actuators and programming. In the afternoon session, Mr Alex Chacko (AP, ME Dept) made a presentation on the theme “Exploring the Inner Potential” and Ms Akhila R (AP, EEE Dept) gave a session on “Non-verbal Communication”.
- In the fore-noon session on the second day, the participants were introduced to playing with Line Follower and Obstacle Detection robots.In the afternoon sessions, Mr Hareesh K introduced to the concepts of creativity and innovation to the students and Ms Divya Radhakrishnan (AP, Humanities Dept) handled a session on “Improving Leadership Skills”.
- On the third day, students were introduced to playing with Bluetooth and WiFi Controlled Robots.
- The workshop came to end with a valedictory session on 18 May 2019. Certificates were distributed to the students. The programme was well received by the participants and the feedback was excellent.