Vidya faculty members selected as Mentors of Change under Atal Innovation Mission
Two faculty members of the College have been selected as Mentors of Change in the Atal Tinkering Labs established as part of the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of NITI Aayog, Govt. of India.
- Dr Deepa Mohan (Asso Prof, CE Dept) has been selected as Mentor of Change in tha Atal Tinkering Lab in Chaldean Syrian Higher Secondary School, Near Latin Church, Thrissur – 680001.
- Mr Ramesh C R (AP, ECE Dept) has been selected as Mentor of Change in the Atal Tinkering Lab in Gurukulam Public School, Thrissur.
Atal Innovation Mission
The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is an initiative of the NITI Aayog, Govt of India, to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country. As part of the implementation of AIM, special facilities, called Atal Tinkering Labs, have been set up in selected schools across India for students to tinker with latest technologies like 3D printers, robotics, Internet of Things (IOT), miniaturized electronics, etc.
To guide and mentor students attending the Atal Tinkering Labs, the AIM has a programme called Mentor of Change Programme. A Mentor of Change a leader who can spend one to two hours every week in one or more such Labs and enable students to experience, learn and practice future skills such as design and computational thinking. Some of possible areas to which a Mentor of Change can contribute to have been identified as the following:
- Technical know-how: building prototypes
- Innovation and design: inculcating solution oriented approach
- Inspirational: leadership and self-motivation
- Business and entrepreneurship: encouraging ideas and team building
- Sounding board/guide: break stereotypes and bias